Sensory Fun in the Snow!
- Shoveling snow gives your child heavy muscle work activity that can be very calming and organizing.
- Go sledding for a burst of movement and muscle activity.
- Make angels in the snow, roll snowballs, and build snow forts to improve motor planning.
- Throw snowballs at targets to increase visual motor skills.
- Snow shoeing is another way to get some heavy muscle work.
- Hide toys in snow for your child to find to improve tactile and visual discrimination.
- Bring a cookie sheet of snow inside to practice drawing designs and letters.
Stay warm and have fun!